During the summer, when it's scorching hot, I enjoy having spring rolls daily as a way of meal prepping while also using up leftover vegetables and herbs. To make them a bit healthier, I opt for lean ground turkey instead of the usual pork, and I enhance the flavor with Lao Spices Lao BBQ seasoning blend. For a refreshing dip, I always whip up some Jeow Wan sauce that perfectly complements the light and vibrant flavors of the spring rolls.
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2.5 lbs lean ground turkey
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp Lao bbq seasoning
- 2-½ cup wood ear mushroom, chopped
- Heat a large pot on high, then add vegetable oil, ground turkey, oyster sauce, and Lao BBQ seasoning, and cook for 8-10 minutes until the meat is cooked
- Toss in the chopped wood ear mushroom and mix for about 2-3 minutes.
- Use the mixture to make spring rolls with your favorite herbs, vegetables, and dip.