Discover the art of crafting delicious Lao pork laab at home! Elevate your dinner game with this nutritious and flavor-packed dish that offers endless customization possibilities. Explore our diverse laab variations or unleash your culinary imagination by experimenting with unique herb and topping combinations. A delightful culinary journey awaits!
- 1 lbs ground pork leg
- 1/2 lb pork ears, thinly sliced
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped
- 3 tbsp padaek unfiltered fish sauce
- 1.5 whole limes, juiced
- 3 tbsp Lao Spices laab seasoning
- 1 cup vietnamese coriander, chopped
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1/ cup mint, whole leaves
- 3 bird eye chili
- In a nonstick pan, cook ground pork on medium high for 6 mins and let it cool for 5 mins.
- In an instant pot, cook the pork ears with 2 cups of water for 30 mins on high then thinly slice once cooled
- Cook bacon at 375 F for 30 mins until crispy then roughly chop
- In a large bowl, add the ground pork, pig ears, and bacon, then add padaek, lime juice, and laab seasoning. Mix well.
- Add the coriander, green onions, mint, and mix well
- Plate the laab and then garnish with thinly sliced bird eye chili peppers and enjoy with sticky rice